Friday, December 18, 2009

I want a cheeseburger!

A couple of weeks ago I picked Isabelle up from daycare knowing that we were going to swing through the McDonald's drive-thru. I told her that if she went potty I would buy her a cheeseburger. She went potty and later got a cheeseburger. A few days later I went to pick her up and commented that she was still in her original clothes from the morning and I was so proud of her. She replied, "I want a cheeseburger." I laughed and said, "Well, tonight Daddy made roast and potatoes, maybe tomorrow." We left the day care and she again said, "I want a cheeseburger." I told her "tonight we are eating roast and potatoes but maybe later this week." As we drove by McDonalds she again she "I want a cheeseburger." I chose to ignore her this time. When we got home I unbuckled her from the car seat and felt that she was wet and said "Isabelle Hannah Staley, why did you go potty in your car seat!" She looked me straight in the eye and said, "I want a cheeseburger."

No comments:

Post a Comment