Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I love her tender heart

While driving through town Isabelle saw a man on the sidewalk with a sign that read, "Hungry, please help." We were headed to Awana at church, I'm the commander, I can't be late, I pretended not to see him. 
As we turn the corner her trembling voice reaches my ears. 
"Mom, I just want to cry."
"Why honey?"
"Because that man is hungry. Can't we go get him something to eat?"
She pauses, "but what if he's just tricking people?"
Again she pauses, "but he might really be hungry! Mom, please?"

So, we turned around and went through the drive through. We got him a triple cheeseburger and a large French fries. He was positioned so that we had to turn right in order to give him the food, she rolled down her window and told him "God loves you", we turned Right, drove down the road, made a U-turn, and as we drove by saw him scarfing down those French fries.

What a humbling and proud moment to witness as a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment